Thursday, November 11, 2004

Technology Reflections

WOW, I never knew there were so many rules for teachers regarding resources and integrating them into teaching methods. There are so many regulations on teachers, even when they are using the resource for educational purposes. I just think that it is really sad that a teach can't use the same video or article for several years in a row. I guess it is somewhat good because it forces teachers to find and research the latest information on particular subjects, but sometimes a person will come across a really great resource and they won't be able to use it over and over again. It seems like you have to ask for permission about everything. One particular subject that I though was very cool and would be useful in a classroom setting was the Creative Commons website for open copyright. I like how each person can set their own regulations on when and who can use their work and it is easy to find resources on practically any subject which keeps the classroom interesting. Another portion of this project that I found surprising was the privacy issues and how easy it is to track someone on the internet. I knew that all of your searching and purchases could be tracked but it is almost scary how easy it is and if that information got into the wrong hands. I found it really beneficial to have the guidelines and suggestions given on their wiki page like not giving your credit card number or social security number over the internet. It is common sense but a very good idea. Overall I though this project was very informative and made me a better consumer as well as a better educator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home