Monday, December 06, 2004

Survey Results

I have to admit that when I began taking this technology class I thought that it was going to be a total waste of time because I was pretty confident in my computer skills and I just thought the class would be more of a hassle than actual help. But as I was taking the end survey I realized how much the class has helped me. I have learned a few new programs like inspiration that will be very helpful for me and fun for the students in my classes. I also learned more about programs that I already had experience in like excel and photoshop. Overall I think that this class is a very good idea but I have a few recommendations to make the class even better.

1. I really liked the individual projects because it gave each student a chance to learn a technology that they were interested in and therefore would probably use in the future. I only wish that there were more of them. Maybe one more, because it gives the student a chance to learn, at their own pace, and be creative in their assignment.
2. It is sometimes difficult to teach technology because everyone is at different levels. I think that it would be beneficial to have one more TA to assist in explanations of technology and give more one on one help.
3. In the beginning I think the instructor should make sure that everyone understands blogging maybe by setting up blogs in class so that nobody gets behind from the very start and therefore gets frustrated. And make sure that the students understand the importance of checking the teachers blog often because that is where most of the information is obtained.
4. It was frustrating that the lap tops in the classroom didn't have all of the programs on them like photoshop. And a lot of times not every student in the class even received a laptop.
5. I think that it would be beneficial to explain the differences in computers at the beginning of the semester and what particular computers are better for ie. apples vs dell.

Overall I think that this is a good class for every teacher and maybe even every student to take because it modifies not only your teaching techniques but also your personal knowledge about technology and how it can help you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback! I'm glad that despite the difficulties we have from time to time that you found the class valuable.

December 7, 2004 at 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home