Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Blogging Info

I am actually shocked at how many people actually use blogs. I was going through some of the blogs on the internet outside of our class and I just can't believe how many people blog and all the different issues they use their blogs for. It is each individuals' own webpage without having to go through all the steps to create an actual webpage. Before this class I had never even heard of blogs. I guess it just shows that blogging is a very good idea and can be used in many situations. Problem though. . .if I did do blogging in my classes as a teacher in the future I would be worried about some of the stuff that is posted on blogs. It's just like the rest of the internet and how some information should not be seen because it is not appropriate. I can see why teachers and parents hesitate to use the internet in their classrooms and homes because it is hard to monitor even if you aren't looking for inappropriate websites and webpages. Maybe I am just naive but I never realized what a huge problem the unedited info is, and it is a large problem.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree! One thing you could do is if your students each had blogs, they could be password protected so only students in the class could comment on their blogs. Then you wouldn't get inappropriate comments on students' blogs. If they were only reading each other's blogs, you could monitor that so that they didn't say nasty things to each other. But you're right, if they were to read other blogs written by people outside of the class, you'd want to be careful.

December 8, 2004 at 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home