Monday, December 13, 2004

Technology Downfalls

Ok, so I love technology in the classrooms. They make teaching and learning more interesting, they make a lot of the work quicker and easier, and it's fun; however sometimes I feel like it is just not worth it when things go wrong. I have experienced a frustrating situation with my second project example. I worked on it in the lab and could not save it (no disk drive on the computer), I couldn't print it because the computers weren't hooked up to a printer, and my email attachment that I sent to myself and professor from that computer wouldn't even go through. So now I'm stuck. Sometimes I think that technology is only good if you have all the parts and access to everything. There are particular programs or websites that won't run without computer programs like flash, if your computer doesn't have the program that you worked on another computer in you can't save it to your own computer, and there are so many types of computers apple, dell, ect that it feels like every time you sit a computer you have to learn everything all over again because it is so different. Maybe it is just me, but I feel like in this class I have learned a lot about technology, and it is frustrating that I can't figure things out, I just wonder what people that are less knowledgeable about technology are doing. There has got to be a way to fix this problem. Whether it is standardizing everything or just making a standard program that is transferable to many other types of programs I'm not sure; but I do know that when situation like mine occur people are less likely to choose to use technology because there is no guarantee that their hard work will work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home